Old 18-10-2007, 12:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Olympic Gold Rose.

I'm not much of a one for roses, this one was given to me by my
Mother-in-law seven years ago. The fact that it has survived this long, is
testament to it's hardiness.

Attached Thumbnails
Olympic Gold Rose.-b-3747-rose-18-10-07-30-400.jpg
Old 18-10-2007, 02:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 21:37:03 +1000, "Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE
wrote:

I'm not much of a one for roses, this one was given to me by my
Mother-in-law seven years ago. The fact that it has survived this long, is
testament to it's hardiness.

Beautiful. I have always liked roses but now I love them.
Old 18-10-2007, 05:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

BarbaraH wrote
I'm not much of a one for roses, this one was given to me by my
Mother-in-law seven years ago. The fact that it has survived this long, is
testament to it's hardiness.

I always felt the same about roses, actually detested them as I had to prune
a bed of them every year when a child and used to end up with no skin, very
painful. Last year after visiting the Rose Garden at Mottisfont Abbey I
found some I liked, the new disease resistant type English Roses, and now
have 5 roses in our garden, two shrubs and three small climbers up a 6ft
wall.
Funny how tastes change over time.

Most are David Austin Roses... http://www.davidaustinroses.com/english/
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 19-10-2007, 02:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

I'm not much of a one for roses, this one was given to me by my
Mother-in-law seven years ago. The fact that it has survived this
long, is testament to it's hardiness.

Beautiful. I have always liked roses but now I love them.

Thanks, I admire them in other people's gardens, but am not all that
interested in growing them.

Old 19-10-2007, 02:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Bob Hobden wrote:
BarbaraH wrote
I'm not much of a one for roses, this one was given to me by my
Mother-in-law seven years ago. The fact that it has survived this
long, is testament to it's hardiness.

I always felt the same about roses, actually detested them as I had
to prune a bed of them every year when a child and used to end up
with no skin, very painful. Last year after visiting the Rose Garden
at Mottisfont Abbey I found some I liked, the new disease resistant
type English Roses, and now have 5 roses in our garden, two shrubs
and three small climbers up a 6ft wall.
Funny how tastes change over time.

Most are David Austin Roses...
http://www.davidaustinroses.com/english/

This one amazes me as it's planted in the wrong spot, is never looked after
and to be honest I don't even know it's there till there's a flower on it.