Old 19-10-2007, 02:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Marutchi[_3_] Marutchi[_3_] is offline

Default Olympic Gold Rose.

Bob Hobden wrote:
BarbaraH wrote
I'm not much of a one for roses, this one was given to me by my
Mother-in-law seven years ago. The fact that it has survived this
long, is testament to it's hardiness.

I always felt the same about roses, actually detested them as I had
to prune a bed of them every year when a child and used to end up
with no skin, very painful. Last year after visiting the Rose Garden
at Mottisfont Abbey I found some I liked, the new disease resistant
type English Roses, and now have 5 roses in our garden, two shrubs
and three small climbers up a 6ft wall.
Funny how tastes change over time.

Most are David Austin Roses...
http://www.davidaustinroses.com/english/

This one amazes me as it's planted in the wrong spot, is never looked after
and to be honest I don't even know it's there till there's a flower on it.