Old 19-10-2007, 05:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default How were your tomatoes this year?

In article fc.003d0941023207733b9aca0042391186.2320775@pmug. org,
(Glenna Rose) wrote:

writes:
[snip]

I plan to start sowing green manure (plants to prepare the soil) in the
garden, just soon as the garden is mulched. I don't know if it will take
hold as the plants along the fence are in shadows already. A couple of
rows further away from the fence the peppers and tomatoes are still
getting sun on the upper third of the plants.

[snip]

What are you planting for green manure? I am seriously considering doing
this for this winter, especially since I messed up with those wood chips.

Glenna

Excellent question. Local nursery (Harmony, Sebastopol, CA) has a mix of
seeds that they call green manure. Just a beginner, sorry. I'll try to
find out what they got in their mix. Meanwhile, I've planted red clover
between my stepping stones.

Can't believe it. Rain today. Rain tomorrow. 80 F on Tuesday? Tomatoes
still going strong.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
- Bob Marley