Old 19-10-2007, 10:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
raeannsimpson raeannsimpson is offline

Default Shovels, Bat, Gun used over tree-lined boundary

On Oct 19, 4:50 pm, Charlie wrote:
On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:40:09 -0700, raeannsimpson

wrote:
Local headline from NC:

Fences may make good neighbors, but one tree line in Dunn has marked a
feud that has included a battle with shovels, swings of a bat and a
drawn gun.

Can read the whole story he
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1945152/

~Rae

Ok, I had to chuckle anyway.

How you doin', girl? I've been wondering about you. I'm guessing
you're plenty busy, given the kids, school, and fall time.

We've been blessed with abundant rain lately, though it is slowing
harvest considerably. I see you guys are still in a serious hurtin'
way.

Speaking of rain, it's about to start raining babies again.......Number
Three, girl baby, is scheduled for entry in eleven days.

Care
Charlie

Hey Charlie,

Yeah, I thought this article was worth a chuckle or two. People get
so carried away sometimes. Thankfully, the only "neighbors" I have
are the 4-legged kind...pigs, horses, cattle, and then there are some
2-legged ones that go by the name of turkey...LOL!

We aren't doing too bad...just staying busy. I've been lurking around
here, trying to keep up with what's going, but staying quite for most
parts. Still doing the google thing cause for all it's faults, it is
free! That's more in my budget these days. This drought is hitting
us hard in the wallet, so to speak.

Just got back from a trip to the coast. Took my sis & the kids...we
went to visit my folks & grandma. Did some fishing...caught some
flounder, a spot, a croaker, & some spanish mackerel. Left the "ole"
man at home, hard at work. It's planting time for the winter rye, so
that's gonna be keeping him busy for awhile.

Still got the house in construction mode (water damage from a cracked
shower distributor/mixer.) Ruined a bathroom & my bedroom. Thank God
for HO insurance!!!! Should have everything fixed back up in 2-3
weeks. Just waiting for the contractors to have time to get to it...

So, how you feeling these days? I remembered it was getting time for
the new one to be coming along. I assume y'all have everything in
place for a baby girl by now. Still having qualms about it being a
girl?? LOL. My little girl is something else...great mannered baby
most of the time, but when she gets mad...everyone knows it!! You
know those fireworks called "screamers"?? That's what she sounds like
when she hollers...pure makes your ears ring for minutes on end when
she's through hollering! Speaking of which, she & the big boy are
having a playful screaming match now! Wouldn't take nothing for
either one of my kids though.

On topic, drought & all, I have tomatoes coming off the vine
again...weird for me to have tomatoes growing & blooming for this time
of year...wonder how long that's gonna last???

~ Rae