Old 04-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Christine Lipfert

Default Trimming Bushes

The braches on the bush are very green and lanky. The leaves are long
and skinny and the flowers are yellow. Anybody have any guesses as to
what kind of bush this is? and wether to trim them?

(Beecrofter) wrote in message . com...
(Christine Lipfert) wrote in message om...
Is there a certain rule as to when to trim bushes? The bush I want to
trim is blooming and is blocking entrance to my garage so I'd like to
trim it. Any general rules? Should I wait until the bush stops
blooming?

Don't just hack at them as any fool can do that.
Follow a branch you want to remove to the next thicker branch and
remove it there.
The part just before it joins the thicker branch which is fatter is
called the branch collar and you want to make your cut on the thin
side of that swelling.
The results of pruning by this method gives you a more natural look
and a healthier result.