Old 20-10-2007, 08:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner[_2_] William Wagner[_2_] is offline

Default exterior wireless electrical lighting?

In article . com,
calberto22 wrote:

hi i thought maybe someone on this group could help. i have an
aluminum gate that surrounds my house, with several concrete columns
every 15 feet. . they are about 150 to 200 feet away from my house.
i would lvoe to put some lights on the outside of them, however, i've
called several electricians and have been told it's extremely
complicated and expensive, especially since we have to pull permits.
i was thinkng the ideal situation would be to simply place a wireless
wall sconce on the columns, then i wouldn't ahve to deal with
electrical wiring. Maybe something solar, or possibly flourescent
lighting of some kind that does not need a lot of power, but that is
wireless. i've looked EVERYWHERE on line and cannot find any decent
looking exterior wireless wall lights for sconces. any ideas?

Any chance you have a electric pole some where nearby ?

Reason being some of the new flood lights could maybe do your lighting
needs. Your beauty needs and the effect on others in your neighboring
homes a major consideration. I'd call your electric provider for
options.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade