Old 21-10-2007, 06:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
doofy doofy is offline

Default How were your tomatoes this year?

Billy wrote:
In article ,
doofy wrote:

Billy wrote:

Excellent question. Local nursery (Harmony, Sebastopol, CA) has a mix of
seeds that they call green manure. Just a beginner, sorry. I'll try to
find out what they got in their mix. Meanwhile, I've planted red clover
between my stepping stones.

Can't believe it. Rain today. Rain tomorrow. 80 F on Tuesday? Tomatoes
still going strong.

Oh shoot, you're local. I'm in Fremont. Used to live in Petaluma for a
couple of years. Ex-girlfriend in Sebastopol.

Small world. I'm up here with my toes in the Russian River. I guess
we'll be saying good-bye to summer for the next few days.

I've heard sometimes the river can come find your toes.