Old 22-10-2007, 03:17 AM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default exterior wireless electrical lighting?

Jim wrote:
calberto22 wrote:
hi i thought maybe someone on this group could help. i have an
aluminum gate that surrounds my house, with several concrete columns
every 15 feet. . they are about 150 to 200 feet away from my house.
i would lvoe to put some lights on the outside of them, however, i've
called several electricians and have been told it's extremely
complicated and expensive, especially since we have to pull permits.
i was thinkng the ideal situation would be to simply place a wireless
wall sconce on the columns, then i wouldn't ahve to deal with
electrical wiring. Maybe something solar, or possibly flourescent
lighting of some kind that does not need a lot of power, but that is
wireless. i've looked EVERYWHERE on line and cannot find any decent
looking exterior wireless wall lights for sconces.

any ideas?

yes. enjoy the beauty of darkness where you will be allowed
to see the spectacular lights hung on nothing in the night sky.
you won't need an electrician or a permit and the fuel cost are
very reasonable for powering your dark yard.

however, if you reside in a city where light pollution has
already robbed you of any chance whatsoever of enjoying the
beauty of darkness then my suggestion will not work for you.

You know.. That's a good idea!

We moved some 5 miles away from the place we WERE in.. It's amazing how
many more stars you can see..

It's funny though, off to the north east you can see the Arora Borealis
that is Wal*Mart.. Kills all the stars in that section of the sky.

So glad we moved out into the county.