Old 21-10-2007, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Axe chopping block?

In article om,
writes

A chopping block has to do two things: hold the timber safely, and not
blunt the axe.

I have a Swedish Maul (sp?) It's brilliant as it splits the logs but
doesn't stick in the wood. For very big 'rounds' I use a grenade, you
can get them from agricultural merchants etc, it's a very heavy metal
pyramid shaped thing which you stick in the wood then wallop until it
drives into the centre of the wood and splits it. Very satisfying too, I
may add!

janet

--
Janet Tweedy