Old 23-10-2007, 07:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner[_2_] William Wagner[_2_] is offline

Default Harty Mum Question

In article ,
wrote:

odder yet, mine do fabulously well the following year (if they survive at
all) and
THEN they disappear. Ingrid

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:51:41 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

Hey Ingrid, That's exactly what happened to ours! It bloomed
(sparsely) the next year then bit the dust, just like my poinsettia.
When taken from an ideal greenhouse environment, they just barely
thrive.

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:06:50 -0500,
wrote:

I plant mine out as soon as I can, generally they grow the following year
and bloom
and then disappear forever. dont know why. Ingrid

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 08:47:52 -0700, "

wrote:

I purchased a small harty mum in a container. If I keep it in my house
with it survive? Would it be a perrential if I maintain it properly?

Thanks

Tom

My dad in law could grow mums "football" real well in his sandy soil.
This was in N. Jersey Langhurst close to the oceaan. We can't do it
and treat them like annuals.
The local mums that are dug around here seem to not be perennial yet
the same folks have them up for sale every fall. I got to stop in some
time and ask what the secret is. I'll offer a Japanese maple to loosen
their tongues )

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade