Old 24-10-2007, 06:25 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ivan Ivan is offline

Default My tomato is flowering .. =(

This should be a cause to rejoice, however it's happening four days
after I transplanted the seedlings.
Yes, the plant has grown considerably, but should it be flowering
already?
I haven't added any fertilizer as yet, only growing with mushroom
compost and potting mix.
I also used weak seaweed fertilizer where I set the root balls to
stand for half an hour before transplanting.
I water daily with a drip system.

In Melbourne, Australia, we haven't been having such hot days as of
late, only way day got a bit warm, reaching 28 degrees.

Will this stunt the growth of the plant?
The type of tomato is called 'roma' tomato.