Old 04-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Darby Wiggins

Default What kind of flower is this?

I just passed by some really gorgeous flowers on campus today and am
interested in knowing what they are. I think they are a perennial as
George Mason University is too cheap to buy annuals or to keep up with
the care of them. Its about 2 feet tall and the top 3 maybe 4" of it is
covered with delicate small white flowers that are bell shaped. The
individual flowers are rather deep and then the tips fold outward. They
have a slightly yellow center. Currently, they smell similar to
gardenias. They're in bloom now and are just wonderful! Most are white
but I did see some that were a creamy brown color....almos the color of
butternut squash on the outside.

Any ideas what this is? I think its fairly popular as again, my work
would not go out of its way to get some rare flower, or one that did not
need a lot of care.

Cheers
Darby