Old 24-10-2007, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Help with weed infection please

On 24/10/07 10:05, in article ,
"Steve Wolstenholme" wrote:

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:34:31 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

I haven't tried this myself but Sheep's Sorrel is high in Vit C and is used
in salads. If you keep picking the leaves to add to salads, maybe that will
deal with the plant nature's way!

It adds a very pleasant lemon flavour but too much will ruin a salad.
I use to grow it in a pot just for salads. Apparently it is slightly
toxic but I'm still alive!

Steve

My mother outlaw used to make the most wonderful sorrel soup. Don't know if
it's the same plant because I have a faint memory of rather larger leaves?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk