Old 24-10-2007, 06:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
clc clc is offline

Default Hibicus

"Paul Paulsen" wrote in message
. ..
Any chance my hibiscus can survive the winter indoors?
It has been such a trooper. Flowers from mid-May until now.
Perhaps it isn't worth the hassle. It was our first one.

Thanks in advance.
Paul
Milwaukee

You most certainly can (if it's a tropical hibiscus - they have shinier
leaves than the hardy ones). Put it in a cool, well-lit area and water when
dry. You will have leaf yellowing and drop and may have pest problems to
control, but it will (should) live to see next summer.

Cheryl