Old 24-10-2007, 02:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Hibicus

Any chance my hibiscus can survive the winter indoors?
It has been such a trooper. Flowers from mid-May until now.
Perhaps it isn't worth the hassle. It was our first one.

Thanks in advance.
Paul
Milwaukee
Old 24-10-2007, 11:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

Paul Paulsen said:

Please don't post in HTML to newsgroups. Thanks.

Any chance my hibiscus can survive the winter indoors?

There's always a chance.

Do you have a room with a southern exposure, and a lot of windows? That
would be a good location. It won't need near the water that it has, and if
you /really/ feel you need to feed it, use half-strength.

It'll be messy, though. Most leaves will probably drop, and then there's
the whiteflies...

[rest snipped]

g/l
--

Eggs

-By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.
Old 24-10-2007, 06:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
clc clc is offline

"Paul Paulsen" wrote in message
. ..
Any chance my hibiscus can survive the winter indoors?
It has been such a trooper. Flowers from mid-May until now.
Perhaps it isn't worth the hassle. It was our first one.

Thanks in advance.
Paul
Milwaukee

You most certainly can (if it's a tropical hibiscus - they have shinier
leaves than the hardy ones). Put it in a cool, well-lit area and water when
dry. You will have leaf yellowing and drop and may have pest problems to
control, but it will (should) live to see next summer.

Cheryl