Old 24-10-2007, 08:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ivan Ivan is offline

Default My tomato is flowering .. =(

On Oct 24, 11:15 pm, enigma wrote:
Ivan wrote groups.com:

This should be a cause to rejoice, however it's happening
four days after I transplanted the seedlings.
Yes, the plant has grown considerably, but should it be
flowering already?

yes, it's fine. it's happy & the day length is such that it
wants to flower.

I haven't added any fertilizer as yet, only growing with
mushroom compost and potting mix.

then don't add fertilizer. fertilizer will make it grow more
leaves,, but it won't help make more fruit.

I also used weak seaweed fertilizer where I set the root
balls to stand for half an hour before transplanting.
I water daily with a drip system.

good. keep up with the drip irrigation.

In Melbourne, Australia, we haven't been having such hot
days as of late, only way day got a bit warm, reaching 28
degrees.

that's ok. too hot & the blossoms drop without setting fruit.
lee

I was going to use the seaweed fert once a week.
Should I not do this now?
The 'roma' variety is the only one which is flowering. The rest are
growing but very slowly . Should I fertilize them?