Old 24-10-2007, 08:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Jeffrey L. Kline Jeffrey L. Kline is offline

Default Name of rose

How about the mine "Ernie" ? Nor'East Miniature Roses carries it and they
ship. Here is their info
Type: Retail, Mail Order
Address: PO Box 520
Arroyo Grande, California 93421-0440
United States
Phone: 805 481-2234 ext 466 [Information]
805 481-7025 [Fax]
800-426-6485 [Ordering]

Its a nice little rose and quite hardy.

Madame Ernest Calvat is a nice Bourbon, hardy to zone 5, which was
bred in France. I know roses unlimited carries it and they may be willing
to ship to you.

Best of luck

Jeff, Southeast Michigan, zone 5

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi everyone,

My grandad died in August 07, he loved roses. Unfortunately I didn't
know his favourite one.

I would like to plant a rose in memory of him in my garden. Does
anyone know if there is a rose with the name Ernie in it that is
available in New Zealand?

If not can anyone suggest one, he was born in England. Is there an
old fashioned type with English/NZ ties?

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Noonoo