Old 25-10-2007, 11:03 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
[email protected] do_see@do.com is offline

Default Burned Grass with pesticides--what to do next.

Clark... wrote:
Jack wrote:
Hi,

Every year I use pesticides on my lawn to get rid of weeds and they
work very well.

I buy a liquid concentrated formula, than mix it
with water and apply to grass. This year I also used them. Today I
realized that in some places I used them my grass was totally burned,
it's gone-there are dry patches of grass. I was shocked when I saw
it-after all, I used the same pesticide in other places and it did
not happen; I also double checked if I used the proper pesticide
(i.e., selective, that kills only weeds, NOT the grass). I am
totally puzzled why it happened. Yes, it was a very dry year, but
still. I almost think that somebody else did it!

Anyway, I'd appreciate if you have any answers as to why this could
happen and also how do I deal with it now-will the grass grow again
next year (I live in Ontario)? Is there any treatment I could apply
now or in the spring? By the way, I don't really want to have a
manicured grass-as long as it's green and weed-free, I'm satisfied!

I appreciate any comments!
Thanks,
Jack

If your using Pesticides to get rid of your weeds you've got a weirder life
than I do!!
Maybe you could try an Herbicide next year. ;-)

Herbicide is actually considered a pesticide in professional circles. To
have a pesticide license is to have a license to commercially apply
chemicals to control plants (weeds) and insects. Pests.