Old 26-10-2007, 12:22 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Burned Grass with pesticides--what to do next.

Jack said:

Hi,

Every year I use pesticides on my lawn to get rid of weeds and they work
very well. I buy a liquid concentrated formula, than mix it with water and
apply to grass. This year I also used them. Today I realized that in some
places I used them my grass was totally burned, it's gone-there are dry
patches of grass. I was shocked when I saw it-after all, I used the same
pesticide in other places and it did not happen; I also double checked if I
used the proper pesticide (i.e., selective, that kills only weeds, NOT the
grass). I am totally puzzled why it happened. Yes, it was a very dry year,
but still. I almost think that somebody else did it!

Does it have a name? What kind of grass do you have? What kind of
undesirables were you trying to eradicate? What concentration, and what
application rate did you use?

Anyway, I'd appreciate if you have any answers as to why this could happen

You haven't given enough, /proper/ information to even begin to make that
guess.

and also how do I deal with it now-

You haven't established what "it" is, apart from "it" being brown.

will the grass grow again next year

Most likely, but that would depend on what you applied, how much you
applied, and what you applied it on.

(I live in Ontario)? Is there any treatment I could apply now or in the
spring?

Again, that depends...

By the way, I don't really want to have a manicured grass-as long
as it's green and weed-free, I'm satisfied!

Well, it sounds like you're halfway there (the weeds are probably gone)!

--

Eggs

If the world was a logical place, men would ride horses sidesaddle.