Old 26-10-2007, 02:15 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Burned Grass with pesticides--what to do next.

On Oct 25, 8:41 pm, Steveo wrote:
Peter H wrote:

Where abouts in Ontario? I've seen some grub damage around this year.
Have you tried digging into some of those dead patches?

Peter H

Grubs have been on a strong cycle here in N Ohio this fall, a hot/dry
summer over here.

Another factor is when did he apply the herbicide? Was it when it
was moderate weather or when it was 90 deg? Herbicide should never be
appied when its hot and the turf is stressed. And we have no info as
to when it was applied vs when the grass appeared dead. If the
seperation was 2 weeks and clearly in the areas that were sprayed,
that would be convincing evidence that the herbicide caused it. On
the other hand, if it was applied in June and the damage is only
apparent now, then the herbicide isn't the cause.

As to whether the grass will come back, no way to answer that
either. If the grass just went brown now, then it may come back.
If it went brown a month ago, there has been reasonable amount of
water since, and there is no sign of green new growth in the area,
then it's kaput. And likely too late now to re-seed this late in
Canada. Wait till Spring.