Old 26-10-2007, 09:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default YAY!!! It's raining!!!!

Finally!! Blessed rain!!
Many wells have run dry and many more have been sputtering, but,
thankfully, it's raining now. The local forecast is calling for rain
through Saturday afternoon. We received 4 inches of rain (here at home)
as of 6pm yesterday afternoon. Haven't checked on how much rain we've
had since then. It's has rained 95% of the time, starting sometime
Wednesday afternoon. We've had brief spells of thunderstorms & a few
tornado warnings, but no touch-downs or any severe damage. The tomatoes
that are still on the vine are rapidly filling out & the yard is
completely full of water, which, for once, is a much welcome sight!

~Rae
(as a side note: also happy that my tiny isp finally fixed my newsgroups
problem!!)