Old 27-10-2007, 07:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] aspasia@adelphia.net is offline

Default Broccoli survived the summer

Broccoli is supposed to be a cool-weather crop, so I planted some
along with another winter crop.

The other crop bolted to seed when it got too hot. The broccoli also
didn't do much -- until after the (unusually hot) summer. Someone on
this -group advised that I shouldn't pull it up, and they were right.
Now that it is somewhat cooler, the broccoli is producing
tiny heads, which I harvest immediately -- had some
steamed for breakfast. Yummm!

Question: Should I cut the broccoli down in height?
It's nearly 4 feet high now. I have no idea whether
to let it go or "deadhead" it, in the hope it will produce
more.

Any broccoli experience -- especially in So.Calif
Coastal -- welcome.

Tx

Persephone