Old 28-10-2007, 12:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Pat Brennan[_3_] Pat Brennan[_3_] is offline

Default Nasty stuff

Wendy, at least here, most of the bark based orchid mixes use fir bark.
Pat
"Wendy7" wrote in message
Thanks for this Pat, what do I know, I thought all the bark was from
redwood pine trees?
Shall research Ray's site.
Cheers Wendy
"Pat Brennan" wrote in message
g.com...
Adding redwood chips/fibers to bark based mixes goes a long way to
stopping snow mold. If you follow Ray's recommendations and repot with a
mix containing 5 -10 % redwood you should not see the nasty again.

Pat

"Wendy7" wrote in message
My Oncidium Twinkle 'Red Fantasy' seemed to be struggling then I noticed
the
white
stuff through the clear plastic pot.
To be cont. . . . . . . . .