Old 28-10-2007, 06:41 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default Help on this trouble grass

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:04:34 -0500, "JS" wrote:

I am really struggle how to "permanently" eliminate
this type of weed on my brick patio.
Using the weed killer called ROUNDUP
does not really work --- it only makes some of
the leaves turned yellow, and then the young ones come back in a day or so.

What is interesting is that I actually put some landscape fabric on
before we laid the bricks. It sounds like the grass pokes thru the fabric !

Please see the image on the link below:

http://tinypic.com/537zqsm.jpg

http://tinypic.com/6767nl1.jpg

Does anybody in this forum know a better way to solve
the problem?

Thanks in advance

JIMMY

Just noticed this message; goes back a way; you may
have solved your problem.

In case not, I suggest pouring boiling water on the weeds.
They'll turn yellow and die with a few days, and -- in my
experience -- will not come back.

Be carefully handling the H2O.

Persephone.