Old 04-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Jayne

Default Newbie Question - Pruning a Clematis

Thanks Nick - perhaps I'll take a picture of the flowers & post a link here
so somebody might be able to ID it for me so I can be sure to do the right
thing with it!

Jayne
"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
If it has 1" blue/purple bells (loose bells, that is) now, and has
multiple stems coming out of the ground, then it is probably C. alpina.
A very nice plant.

You can shear it down to the ground after flowering, and it will
flower well again the next year. In fact, that is one recommended
way of pruning it, and is what I do to mine!