Old 04-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Graeme Gardiner

Default Heating Pads

Hi Anna

Last year I was having trouble germinating chilli seeds so I used a heat pad
purchased from a home brew shop and rigged it up to a thermostat from an old
water bed. It worked like a charm. I would suggest that a suitable
thermostat would be available commercially that you can just plug in from an
electronics supplier.

An old aluminium fridge tray was used with dividers and filled with seed
raising mix. An acrylic (Perspex) top was put on top and the thermostat bulb
placed inside.

I just used a mist spray every few days to keep it moist.

Graeme
"Anna Merchant" wrote in message
Thanks for those suggestions!

I am trying to propagate banana seeds, and everywhere I read says it has

be a constant ~20C for them to be a happening thing. Plus the heat will

help
over the winter
--
Anna Merchant

http://www.thecotfactory.co.nz
If electricity comes from electrons, does that mean that morality comes

from
morons?

"Dwayne" wrote in message
Hi. If you dont find one, set your tray of seeds in top of your
refrigerator or freezer. Check it every couple of days to keep up with
their progress. After they start coming up, take them down and put them

in
some good light.

Dwayne

"Geodyne" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:40:52 +1200, "Anna Merchant"
wrote:

Hi Anna,

I live in NZ, and am looking for some help locating where I could buy

cheap, small heating pad for seed germination.

Not so sure about NZ itself, but Greenpatch in Australia sell them and
I'm pretty sure they ship to NZ.

www.greenpatchseeds.com.au/

In NZ itself, have you tried Kings Seeds? They may have goodies such
as that.

Tara