Old 31-10-2007, 04:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
how how is offline

Default Norfolk Island Pine Tree Getting to Big

"mstrspy" wrote in message
Frank: Thanks for posting your picture. My tree isn't particularly
sparse, I just don't want to kiil the tree by topping it. Do I just
cut off the top without doing anything else?

Also, if I top it and it looses branches, eventually it will be bare
won't it? Or will all the new growth come off the sides. .

Hi,
Norfolk Island Pine (Araucaria heterophylla) can be air layered using the
terminal. I've heard, not tried, that the branches can be layered also but
yield unsymmetrical plants.
HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good