Old 31-10-2007, 07:18 PM
dave n cally dave n cally is offline
Registered User

thanx for the reply [not cheared me up though ] the ground is rock hard and undigable so would the second part of my plan be a good idea spreading manure over the site leaving it covered with a plastic sheet untill i can get it rotivated i already have the sheet enough to cover the whole plot .i got that f.o.c. from my brother inlaw i thought it may make it easier to tackle the weeds as it would be easier to dig? another idea i have is to make raised beds and move the weed free soil into these but put cardboard under the weeded soil to prevent any coming back up ? would 6 inches be high enough ? i could add extra [6inches] on top in a year or twos time