Old 04-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Shiva

Default A-A-A- APHIDS!! And Buds!

Jane wrote:

Shiva you are a formidable opponent to the aphid world!

But nooo, apparently not! Went out this morning and the young stems and
buds were THICK with them. When I came in my fingers were all green, eyuuu/

Do you know any
ladybugs who might be able to come for the all-u-can-eat buffet?

They are munching away! Makes me happy I have not sprayed yet. Oddly
enough, I have ladybugs all year long, but I am sure my spray program
kills some of them. It's a tough balancing act. I cannot imagine they like
fungicide much more than systemic insecticide.

I'm sure your roses will be gorgeous! I can't believe you have so many
buds!!!!! I'm excited for you!

Thanks, Jane. I am a bit envious of you up there because you have such a
long, wonderful spring compared to us, and your summers are not very hot.
I love Maryland in the spring.