Old 02-11-2007, 05:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
doofy doofy is offline

Default New to allotments

dave n cally wrote:
thanx 2 all for your replies upto date . inow have a good idea on what
to do .im going to BAN THE ROUND UP IDEA ! That seems to make very good
sense. im going to use my plastic sheet to cover manure that im going to
spread [ive allready got the sheet 100square metres] then start on a
little bit at a time im only going to aim at getting less than half
done at the moment it is 21 metres long by 6 metres wide in total so if
i only aim at doing a bit ive got plenty to be going on with!!!!!!!!!!
expect a lot more questions in the near future. WATCH THIS SPACE

I was sort of terse in my suggestion, and I am inexperienced, but when I
said raised beds, I had in mind you just putting in a small raised bed
to get started, and hopefully the soil underneath it would start getting
"worked on". You could even put the manure in the bottom of a bed, and
put some planting medium on top of that.

You can still work on the rest of it too, in the way you describe above.