Old 02-11-2007, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robin[_2_] Robin[_2_] is offline

Default Suffolk Punch clutch adjustment

I recently was given a Suffolk Punch mower. The engine works fine but
the centrifugal clutch wasn't too great. To get at the adjustment
screws inside, I had to take the entire gearing assembly off the side
- is there an easier way? I couldn't see how the small gear on the
end of the main shaft was attached to said shaft. Couldn't unscrew it,
and it wasn't budging with a gear puller. If someone could let me know
how it is attached, I would be most grateful