Old 03-11-2007, 07:13 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.food.cooking,sci.agriculture,sci.bio.botany,sci.optics
Charles[_1_] Charles[_1_] is offline

Default growing vegetables under different light

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 21:40:58 -0700, Beladi Nasralla
wrote:

If the vegetables are growing illuminated exclusively by blue light,
will they be different in taste from the vegetables which are growing
illuminated by, say, exclusively green light ? What would be the
taste ?

(I presume that the chlorofylle in the plants needs to be illuminated
by the light of a certain wavelength or above, in order for the
chemical reaction of photosynthesis to take place. This will probably
result in different taste molecules been formed. That's all I know...)

Most plants require red and blue light for proper growth. Plants
grown exclusively under green light would probably die, which would
affect the taste.