Old 03-11-2007, 07:57 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.food.cooking,sci.agriculture,sci.bio.botany,sci.optics
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default growing vegetables under different light

"Beladi Nasralla" wrote in message
oups.com...
If the vegetables are growing illuminated exclusively by blue light,
will they be different in taste from the vegetables which are growing
illuminated by, say, exclusively green light ? What would be the
taste ?

(I presume that the chlorofylle in the plants needs to be illuminated
by the light of a certain wavelength or above, in order for the
chemical reaction of photosynthesis to take place. This will probably
result in different taste molecules been formed. That's all I know...)

I actually did an experiment on this back in high school. I tried to grow
green beans using red light and blue light. I didn't get any actual beans.
They need a mix of light to produce.