Old 03-11-2007, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] shareyourknowledge@hotmail.com is offline

Default Good trees for climbing or treehouse

On Nov 3, 5:27 am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 11/2/07 11:09 PM, in article
om,

" wrote:
I need a few choices for atreewith good, strong branches for kids to
climb in or for building atreehouse. It can be evergreen or
deciduous; fast growing preferred, but moderate growth
is allright. Thetreecan max out at about 25-30' I live in zones
20-21 of the Sunset book which is East of Los Angeles about 30 miles.
Temps usually range from high 30's to over 100 degrees.

And just how long are you planning to wait for thistreehousetreeto be
ready for building?

I would say it would be used more for climbing than a treehouse. I'm
actually researching this for my friends. They want a tree for their
son to climb in but also might be used for a treehouse someday if they
decide to build one. Let's assume it's for a treehouse. I guess it
should be something fast growing that maybe in three or four years
might be ready to build a treehouse. That's why i came here for
suggestions. Hopefully this gives you more info to offer ideas.
Regards.