Old 03-11-2007, 04:14 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.food.cooking,sci.agriculture,sci.bio.botany,sci.optics
Frank Frank is offline

Default growing vegetables under different light

Beladi Nasralla wrote:
If the vegetables are growing illuminated exclusively by blue light,
will they be different in taste from the vegetables which are growing
illuminated by, say, exclusively green light ? What would be the
taste ?

(I presume that the chlorofylle in the plants needs to be illuminated
by the light of a certain wavelength or above, in order for the
chemical reaction of photosynthesis to take place. This will probably
result in different taste molecules been formed. That's all I know...)

Not quite what you want but mentions tomato's taste effected by light:
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/coverstory/85/8544cover.html

Frank