Old 05-04-2003, 02:08 AM
Pam

Default Mimosa Tree

Joyce wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with Mimosa (or Silk) Trees? I
transplanted one last fall and there is no sign of bud break to date.
I'm not sure if they stay dormant longer than other trees and will
eventually leaf out. I'm trying to be patient but am curious if my tree
is dead or just slow. Thanks. Joyce in Oregon

Mimosas are one of the latest of the ornamental trees to leaf out here in
the PNW. We don't even bring them into the nursery until late May or early
June. Be patient - I'm sure your tree is just fine and is following the
usual mimosa pattern.

pam - gardengal