Old 05-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Russ and Cathy

Default rec pond ponders

Start selling it and make some money. *chuckle*
Cathy
"K30a" wrote in message
Last year I battled with parrot's feather in the Frog Bog (a still pond).

took out tons and tossed it on the compost where it continued to grow!!

Eventually the stuff got covered by grass clippings and winter came. It

should
be dead.
Today I was tossing around the compost and my pitchfork got tied up

in......
parrot's feather. It was alive under the grass clippings and GREEN and

growing!

This comes as an insult to injury as yesterday I was lifting leaves out of

the
Frog Bog and my pitchfork gets all tied up in parrot's feather stems.

Dormant
still, I guess, and I have to yank
and yank to get them out along with the leaves.

I'm am really starting to hate the stuff. And as it is a noxious weed now

in my
state I am going to do my part to try and send it to the great pond in the

sky!

k30a