Old 06-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Bas Bas is offline
Registered User

Default Mildew on new Turf

Hi ti you all.

I laid a seeded turf lawn a month ago and have noticed in the last week that it has about a dozen small patches (around 4" circles) of what looks like mildew.It also has that earthey smell that a associate with mildew.

I live in the South-east of England.
The lawn is East facing and only 50 square metres in size.It dosn`t have any obvious shaded areas,though it dosn`t get a great deal of sun this time of the year anyway.

I never had this problem with my old lawn.(which was mainly weeds anyway.)

Can anybody give me any ideas of the cause of this.

Might it be something else ?

Should it be treated with a fungiside ?

Hope some of you seasoned experts can point me in the right direction on this one.

Thanks. Bas.