Old 07-11-2007, 01:32 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo Steveo is offline

Default Mildew on new lawn.

Bas wrote:
Steveo;758460 Wrote:
Bas wrote:-
Hi ti you all.

I laid a seeded turf lawn a month ago and have noticed in the last
week
that it has about a dozen small patches (around 4" circles) of what
looks like mildew.It also has that earthey smell that a associate
with
mildew.

I live in the South-east of England.
The lawn is East facing and only 50 square metres in size.It dosn`t
have any obvious shaded areas,though it dosn`t get a great deal of
sun
this time of the year anyway.

I never had this problem with my old lawn.(which was mainly weeds
anyway.)

Can anybody give me any ideas of the cause of this.

Might it be something else ?
-
When you say mildew, does it look like powdery mildew?

http://tinyurl.com/yqss5y

Or does it look like slime?

Cheers Steveo.

The picture looks pretty close to the problem.

Had a good look this morning and in the areas effected the grass is
yellow/brown,a bit Slimey and dead.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hi Bas

Where do you live?