Old 07-11-2007, 11:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd Kenni Judd is offline

Default Dendrobium lindleyi

I looked for your pic but didn't find it, and so respond here.

If it's all green, it's alive, but obviously not happy if it's made no new
growths for the time you say. 48F is not too low of a winter temp, but it
doesn't have to get that cool to bloom. Nor does it seem to require really
hard drying out. Some years, ours have stayed in the vanda zone (we never
got around to moving them out) -- they still bloomed, just less prolifically
and (a positive from our point of view) not all at the same time, like they
did when we moved them out to get chilled.

Diana makes a good point about light, esp. when it comes to blooming. On
the lack of growth, have you been feeding it at all? Kenni

"Jane Doe" wrote in message
I've had this plant for five years now. It bloomed only once for me.
It's been three years now since it grew a single pseudobulb or a leaf, nor
has it flowered. The existing bulbs though are fully green, and the roots
are nice and healthy. I grow it on a piece of cork. I "chill" it during
the appropriate time, withhold water in the winter (unless the psedobulbs
begin to shrivel).

I'm at my wits end and thinking of tossing it.

Should I hold on to it? is there a way to find out if it's still alive?

I can take a picture of it and post it to the orchid binaries?

-M