Old 08-11-2007, 09:44 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default fly trap recipe

"len garden" wrote in message
g'day jonno,

our bottel way is easier just takes 2 little inverted V cut windows
either side just below the neck of the bottle, push windows open a
little and there ya go too easy.

!!!!!!! what a good idea. i was making them with inverted cut-off tops &
whatnot, & it was just ridiculous. THIS way must be a million times better.
thanks len!

then when it is full of deceased flies some ducqe tape over the holes
and into the garbage then make new traps.

two things - 1: surely they could go into the compost? (i assume dead flies
would be excellent in your compost. if a bit icky.) 2: my traps
(purpose-made ones, not the cut-off-bottle type that didn't stay together so
i gave up on them) kind of seem to function continuously - the dead flies
seem to make just as smelly an attractant as the stuff that went in in the
first place. and they seem to break down really fast anyway. well, what i'm
saying here is my traps kept catching flies & stayed smelly, but haven't got
"full" yet. i've still got packets of smelly-fly-attractor stuff that i've
never had to break open yet. (?)
kylie