Old 08-11-2007, 06:38 PM posted to aus.gardens
len garden len garden is offline

Default fly trap recipe

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 09:44:38 GMT, "0tterbot" wrote:

"len garden" wrote in message
.. .

snipped!!!!!!! what a good idea. i was making them with inverted
cut-off tops &
whatnot, & it was just ridiculous. THIS way must be a million times better.
thanks len!

yes we find it is a very simple and effective way of doing things, no
engineering degree needed.

then when it is full of deceased flies some ducqe tape over the holes
and into the garbage then make new traps.

snipped
saying here is my traps kept catching flies & stayed smelly, but haven't got
"full" yet. i've still got packets of smelly-fly-attractor stuff that i've
never had to break open yet. (?)

suppose if the bottle where able to decompose it might be the go but
as for say cutting the to off and scraping out waht is in there it is
a very smelly putrid affair.

our current traps are working a treat so far heaps of flies in them
and lots less aussie saluting to be done.

kylie

With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--