Old 08-11-2007, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith.lea judith.lea is offline

Default Mildew on new Turf

On Nov 8, 10:32 am, Des Higgins wrote:
On Nov 7, 7:20 pm, "pied piper" wrote:

"Bas" wrote in message

Hi ti you all.

I laid a seeded turf lawn a month ago and have noticed in the last week
that it has about a dozen small patches (around 4" circles) of what
looks like mildew.It also has that earthey smell that a associate with
mildew.

I live in the South-east of England.
The lawn is East facing and only 50 square metres in size.It dosn`t
have any obvious shaded areas,though it dosn`t get a great deal of sun
this time of the year anyway.

I never had this problem with my old lawn.(which was mainly weeds
anyway.)

Can anybody give me any ideas of the cause of this.

Might it be something else ?

Should it be treated with a fungiside ?

Hope some of you seasoned experts can point me in the right direction
on this one.

Thanks. Bas.

--
Bas

sounds like fuzz shouldnt do to much damage just spike and seed scars once
disease has gone.
Dont brush or cut as this will spread the spores.
Or a treatment of a systemic fugicide should do the trick.
Or failing that buy a gun and shoot that **** DES.

Last time I am going to try to help out round here.
Sheesh.- Hide quoted text -

Nooooooooooo Des, I need you and your advice, you don't let one
interfere with you helping others, sheesh!!!! Hugs xxxx

Judith