Old 09-11-2007, 06:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
DK1000 DK1000 is offline

Default grow light requirements?

Thanks all,

I'm trying a bunch of cheap solutions including 75 watt grow lights and 60
watt daylight CFL lights in reflectors in addition to my original lamp. I
also trimmed down the larger plants. I'll see what happens. Not the end of
the world if I lose the plants.

"DK1000" wrote in message
Hi,

As it's getting nippy here in Cleveland, Ohio, I moved some container
plants from outside to my basement. I attached a pic, the big plants in
back are stevia (which isn't doing too good) and cilantro. Smaller ones
are chives, more stevia, and a green pepper plant. I may want to try some
patio tomatoes too, but I don't have that plant yet. Presently there's 2
15 watt fluorescent grow lights on the plants, and limited window light. I
know I'll need something a little brighter, but cheap. Any
recommendations? Higher wattage fluorescent tubes? Compact fluorescents? I
can't afford HID's and the like. I probably have about a 5 X 4 foot area
right now, but would like to expand a foot or two each way. Thanks much.

Pic:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...g?t=1193932304