Old 10-11-2007, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Don H3 Don H3 is offline

Default Butcher's Blue?

On Nov 8, 5:26 pm, "someone" wrote:
"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

A fellow gardener from Ballinger has asked if I would try and find out
about a plant with the name of 'Butcher's Blue' or, she says, it might be
Blue Butcher.
She doesn't know what the rest of the name is, I gather she saw it in a
garden near Banbury, but she would love to buy a plant.
I've suggested Butcher's broom but she says it's definitely got BLUE in
the name.

Any suggestions?
I will get her to send a description if that helps.

A description would certainly help. Is it a tree, a shrub, a flower,
flowering? What does the flower look like? Is it a grass, a Euphorb, a
hollyhock-type, a carrot? Any descriptive info would be useful. Does she
have a digicam so we could see a photo?

someone

How about a confusion of types of (corn):
http://www.southernexposure.com/productlist/DCORN.html
(some have "blue", some have "butcher" in their name)

or

http://www.govlink.org/hazwaste/busi...cfm?cat=4&aw=A
("Butchers Blue Industrial Cleaner" -- in 1 gallon containers)

Don