Old 21-02-2003, 03:51 AM
Dwayne

Default What exactly do seeds need to grow?

What are you wanting to do? If you want them to germinate give them water,
sunlight, and warmth. Or are you are just wanting to get the seeds in dirt
and store them until the time is right to germinate them? If that is the
case, I took some perfectly dry potting soil, planted the seeds, and set
them in the garage (which was lighted through the windows) until 6 weeks
before the transplant time. At that time I watered them and off we went.
My seeds didn't rot and none of them sprouted early.

Good luck. Dwayne

"Scott" wrote in message
m...
I'm wondering if I plant seeds in soil, say in a cardboard box, and
then put the box in a dark place such as a closet for a few weeks -
what would happen to the seeds? Could I pull the package out, put it
in the sun and grow the plants, or would the seeds rot (even if the
soil was dry)?

Thanks!