Old 21-02-2003, 03:55 AM
oldehippie

Default [IBC] ****The apostrophe

"Well, "though" has had its alternative spelling of "tho" since
way back in the 15th century (and the OED hints that it may go
back to the 11th Century). And it's a heckuva lot more sensible
way to spell it. ;-) "

I think it may precede the 15th century but not by a lot. Methinks it
became more common during some of the Renaissance and Shakespeare writing
eras.

I've always been a fan of words, spoken or written. I also like the
sillyness of some such as
Gallagher's comments on "bomb" "tomb" and "comb".

Bill

--
to reply direct remove number from addy

"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts will"
"I prefer to perambulate to the tempo of a different percussionist"
"Stupidity is believing much, while understanding little"
....Charles A. Meyers