Old 11-11-2007, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Can I sow any of my veggie seeds now?

In article , JakeD
writes

Newbie veg question...
I have a freshly dug veg patch into which I have planted field beens,
as green manure, which I intend to dig in, in 2 or 3 months, to fix
nitrogen to the soil, ready for next year's vegetable planting.

I have a selection of vegetable seeds here (listed below) all of which
are supposed to be sown after January, according to the instructions.

Where on earth did you get the seeds from Jake? Normal packets have the
month of sowing on the back. Unless you are misunderstanding the text.
If it says sow in January then it usually means.. Sow in January not
that you have to wait until after January!

There is a very good guide for seed sowing on Nickys Seeds
http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seed...s/calendar.htm

though as you get more experience you will be able to adjust this
calendar slightly for you own conditions and location.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph