Old 12-11-2007, 09:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner[_2_] William Wagner[_2_] is offline

Default Split Hosta?

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
news

I am in the midwest US, and need to split some hosta plants at the roots.

Should it be done, say, this week? Or wait 'till next spring??

I'm in zone 5, Western NY (cold cold cold), and I've done it both ways. I
lean toward spring, though, because I'll probably cook up garden ideas
during the winter and won't like where I stuck the plants 6 months earlier.

Sound advice. We take new plants propagated newbies and let them grow
in our nurseries. Think halfway houses. I'd split when I feel like it.

50 F and damp to the bone here.

Our oak leaves just won't fall or is it just a task I want to have done.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade