Old 13-11-2007, 12:46 AM posted to rec.gardens,misc.rural
[email protected] rjmacres@yahoo.com is offline

Default exterior wireless electrical lighting?

On Oct 22, 6:50 am, Ann wrote:
Dairy farmers in particular don't have the luxury of starting work after
it's light or wrapping things up at dusk. And after a 12+ hour work day
(every day), star gazing is usually not high on their list of priorities.
Instead, for safety, security, and convenience, they have a REC-supplied
dusk-dawn light installed on the transformer pole(s). (Contrary to popular
myth, there are criminals in rural areas too.)

I just got done installing some outside lights around the property.
Security. We're having an ongoing battle with packs of wild dogs and
you
can't shoot what you can't see. Most of them are motion detectors but
a few of them are on dusk to dawn. Lights are much better then
getting
your arm chewed off by a wild dog that you couldn't see.

We also have some solar lights around the front and along the drive.
They don't put out massive amounts of light but you can at least see
the drive.

Randy